Private Investors Notice
The Topaz Multi-Strategy Fund is offered to Canadian resident investors, both institutional and private, since January 1st, 2012, as a Quebec-based pooled fund Trust, to “Accredited Investors” satisfying the rules and conditions set forth by Canadian Securities Administrator’s National Instrument NI 45-106, and to non-accredited investors under the minimum amount exemption.
Minimum Purchase for other than individuals
The minimum subscription amount is $150,000 unless you meet the definition of “accredited investor”.
If you meet the definition of “accredited investor” (see below), you may invest a minimum of $25,000. Please consult the Confidential Offering Memorandum to determine your qualification status. Investment advisors and broker dealers should consult their company’s internal policies.
Accredited Investor – Minimum Requirements for Individuals
One or the other of:
- an individual who, either alone or with a spouse, beneficially owns, directly or indirectly, financial assets having an aggregate realizable value that before taxes, but net of any related liabilities, exceeds $1,000,000 OR
- an individual whose net income before taxes exceeded $200,000 in each of the two most recent calendar years or whose net income before taxes combined with that of a spouse exceeded $300,000 in each of the two most recent calendar years and who, in either case, reasonably expects to exceed that net income level in the current calendar year, OR
- an individual who, either alone or with a spouse, has net assets of at least $5,000,000, OR
- an individual registered or formerly registered under the securities legislation of a jurisdiction of Canada as a representative of a person registered under the securities legislation of a jurisdiction of Canada, as an adviser or dealer, other than a person registered solely as a limited market dealer under one or both of the Securities Act (Ontario) or the Securities Act (Newfoundland and Labrador)
NOTE: Investors wishing to purchase through wholly-owned holding companies or similar entities must also qualify under the following provision
- a person in respect of which all of the owners of interests, direct, indirect or beneficial, except the voting securities required by law to be owned by directors, are persons that are accredited investors
The Fund is typically suitable for investors wishing to diversify their portfolio with an investment seeking moderate returns, lower volatility than equity indices, and low levels of correlation with both traditional asset classes and strategy comparables.
The investment has monthly liquidity terms and therefore may not be appropriate for all investors; it should be considered with a long term perspective. Furthermore, the Fund distributes on a quarterly basis revenues derived from all sources, including capital gains, as income. There is a risk of complete loss of investment.
For a complete discussion of the risks involved in an investment in the Fund please contact Crystalline Management for the confidential Offering Memorandum. Please consult with your financial and tax advisor for suitability assessment of this investment.
Please review carefully the above and confirm your purchasing qualification to the Minimum Purchase or the Accredited Investor Exemption.